Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 automatic sliding doors question

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 02:17 PM
James Ball
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 automatic sliding doors question

i have a 2008 Grand caravan se model. My wife really wants automatic sliding doors. mine currently doesnt have them and was wondering if it was possible to add it. i was looking around the vehicle and without taking it apart it looks like the wiring and stuff is all there(in bottom rail of doors). can i easily add this option to my current vehicle and if so how do i go about it? what would i have to buy ect. thanks for any help. also i know it might cost a little money as read in other forums but i am convinced this is cheaper than buying a totally different vehicle as i already got alot invested in this van. thanks

Old 08-21-2016, 02:57 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

No, It's not feasible. The module network is too complicated to retrofit. Look for a newer van that has both doors AND the lift gate.

That "investment" word is not compatible with vehicles. Use the value of the 2008 and step up to a better minivan.

Old 08-22-2016, 09:17 PM
James Ball
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TNtech
No, It's not feasible. The module network is too complicated to retrofit. Look for a newer van that has both doors AND the lift gate.

That "investment" word is not compatible with vehicles. Use the value of the 2008 and step up to a better minivan.
thanks for the reply. thats kinda what i was afraid of. wife will just have to go without.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2008 automatic sliding doors question