Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Grand Caravan blend doors, how many and where?

Old 08-28-2016, 10:37 AM
junker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2010 Grand Caravan blend doors, how many and where?

On the 2010 Grand Caravan SXT are there just the two blend doors up front? Driver and Passenger?

I seem to read that after replacing the actuator the problem often returns. Is there a suggest fix/part/modification that can help ensure a successful long term repair?

Is there a write up on replacing the passenger side blend actuator? I will be doing the blower motor at the same time (noisy). Do they need any form of post or pre install calibration?

I know, lots of questions. Thank you.

Old 04-13-2017, 10:45 PM
Maher1

Did u ever get a responds? I am having an issue with my rear air. They tell me there is one in the back,but where

Old 04-18-2017, 12:25 AM
Trevor Piekema
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rear blower a/c

Originally Posted by Maher1
Did u ever get a responds? I am having an issue with my rear air. They tell me there is one in the back,but where
Actuators are behind the blower, of course. Can't make it an easy fix.

Old 09-04-2023, 02:31 PM
pishta68

Originally Posted by Trevor Piekema
Actuators are behind the blower, of course. Can't make it an easy fix.
Pull the duct off on top and the 2 10mm bolts and that whole assembly swings out about 6 inches, enough to get a T25 socket down to either of the actuators. The top one usually goes bad as it gets cycled almost every time you open any door. Its only 2 T25 screws that are hand tight. Take the actuator out and pull apart (5 clips) and remove the white gear then the large black gear will slide out. inspect it and youll probably find 1-2 teeth broken. Get a new one or just dremel off the spline opposite the missing spline of the black gear and put the black gear back in with the removed spline lined up with the middle tally line on the case. Put the white gear back in and snap the case together, put it back into the door receiver (door should be about in the middle of its swing to line up) and screw the 2 T25's back in. Now the broken tooth is completely out of the 90 degrees of travel of the splined black drive gear. Good for another 70K.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: 2010 Grand Caravan blend doors, how many and where?