Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[5th Gen : 08+]: Temperature gauge drops to Zero while driving

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 12:06 PM
Moe76
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Temperature gauge drops to Zero while driving

Hi Everyone,
I am totally new to this Forum and to US in general.
I have an issue with my Dodge Grand Caravan 2009 3.3L
Last month I realized that while i was driving the Temp Gauge drops to Zero ( C) position while i was driving, i parked the car turn off the engine, restarted the engine the temp gauge returned to its normal position which is a little bit below the mid position.
One day while i was on a traffic, the antifreeze at the coolant reservoir starts to boiling, while the temp gauge was at the normal position ( at the middle), i towed the car to the mechanic and he inform me that there were no antifreeze at the radiator and the radiator cap is faulty and he replaced it.
last week it happened again while a was in a traffic it start boiling again, and again no antifreeze at the radiator but the coolant reservoir is full and the temp gauge was in the normal position!!!
Please help me find a solution to fix this issue.

Old 09-26-2016, 12:20 PM
07nightster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Off the cuff guess is that your thermostat is shot, but someone with more knowledge than myself should hopefully chime in.

Quick Reply: [5th Gen : 08+]: Temperature gauge drops to Zero while driving