Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

[3rd Gen : 96-00]: 99 grand caravan le 3.8l: No hot air

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 08:21 PM
pdamianidis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 grand caravan le 3.8l: No hot air

Hi All,
I really need some help before the winter. I have a 99 Dodge Grand Caravan LE, 3.8L. I do not have any warm air (dual heat) blowing in the vehicle.
1.Coolant level is good
2.Thermostat is regulating temp (not overheating, etc.)
3.Blower motor is good
4.I flushed the heater core (NOT CLOGGED)
5.When I elect different vent options/blend door (defrost, feet, etc.) I can hear the electric motor engaging

I am stuck. Is there somewhere else to check? Thank you

Old 10-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Cougar41
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Both heater hoses going into the firewall are hot correct?

You'll have to access the mode door actuator and see if it is working. You'll then have to verify the door attached to the actuator is opening and closing. This diagram is looking at the drivers end of the HVAC unit under the dash. The mode door actuator is the upper most actuator.http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/do...blend_door.gif

Other than that you could try a HVAC calibration procedure. Look through this thread and you'll find it: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-c...formation.html If you do the cooldown test make sure the A/C is working otherwise you'll have flashing lights till it's fixed.

Last edited by Cougar41; 10-24-2016 at 04:49 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:34 PM
pdamianidis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do I need to remove anything under the dash to access the mode door actuator other than panels? Thanks