Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2002 Grand Caravan Sport CD HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:54 PM
IndyMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Grand Caravan Sport CD HELP!

Hello - new to forum, so if there is a similar thread I apologize. I have an '02 Grand Caravan Sport - CD player is separate from the stereo tuner (factory install). I am about 99% certain that my 2 year old has stuck something in the CD player (pennies? Something else?), and can't figure out how to get it out! Any easy/cheap way I can figure this out on my own, or do I have to go to the dealer?

Thanks in advance - IndyMan

Old 11-23-2005, 09:37 AM
wireman
Default RE: 2002 Grand Caravan Sport CD HELP!

Why not remove it from the vehicle and work on it. Or, whille it is out take it to a radio repair place.

Old 11-23-2005, 10:23 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

Most dealers won't even touch them. You could take it out and take the cover off of it as see if you can shake it out. From past experience, I tried to take on apart to fix....a big no no and I have experience at that kind of work. Very tedious and tons of tiny parts. The dealer would just send it out, like here in NY they send it to Syracuse to United Radio (They repair electonic equipmnet for many different car manufacturers)

Old 11-28-2005, 07:33 PM
IndyMan

Thanks to you both for your responses - not being real, uh, mechanically "inclined" - how do I take the CD player out?

Thanks much - IndyMan

Old 12-03-2005, 12:01 AM
sshawn09

What kind of problems are you having first of all? If its just somethign stuck in it, dont hesitate to take it apart.... Im sure its not a difficult problem to fix.

Quick Reply: 2002 Grand Caravan Sport CD HELP!