Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Windshield Wiper Pump problem

Old 12-06-2005, 05:35 PM
SteveMcGarrett
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Windshield Wiper Pump problem

I have a 02 GC ES and am having problems with fluid apparently freezing due to the extreme cold we have been experiencing here in Omaha. The back wiper will squirt fluid 50% of the time, but the front is more like 5%. I'm using fluid that is supposedly good up to 20 below and the van is garaged every night. Last night I left a portable shop lamp in front of the van to provide warmth for about 4 hours and when I attempted to use the wipers everything worked as advertised.

My wife calls today and said that she can't wash the windshield and "I'll take it to the dealer if you won't" as if I controlled the weather. As much as I'd like to pay the Dodge dealer $85 to say "it's cold out" I'd rather tap into someone who might have some suggestions on a remedy here. Thanks in advance!

Old 12-06-2005, 09:02 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Windshield Wiper Pump problem

Your best bet is to go to the dealer and buy some windshield washer concentrate and dump the whole bottle in when you fill it. Its about a quart size bottle. Then fill the rest with washer fluid. That will give you about -40 freeze temperature. The stuff in the gallon jugs always slushes up long before -20, its hard to find any that is good for -20, the concentrate really helps a lot. Our vehicles here don't freeze up when it hits -40

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Windshield Wiper Pump problem