Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1991 Caravan Heating Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 05:02 PM
boobaroo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1991 Caravan Heating Problem

I have a 1991 Dodge Caravan, 3.8 liter.

I have had this for about a year now. I recently flushed out the whole cooling system and added new coolant for the winter. I dont seem to get any kind of circulation for the heater core. I have replaced the thermostat. I have switched the hoses going to the heater core thinking they were hooked up backwards, but no luck.

I take the radiator cap off and it does not seem like there is much circulation going through the radiator. Once in a while I can feel the hoses at the heater core and they are both hot and then at times one is hot and the other cool.

Is their anyone out there that has had this problem and knows a fix, as it is now getting winter and my wife wants heat. I did not have this van last winter so I do not know if it worked before I got it or not.

Thanks for any help. Bob

Old 01-09-2006, 09:22 PM
boiseneon
Default RE: 1991 Caravan Heating Problem

I am having the same problems. Can someone help us? It is very cold in Idaho this time of year...

Old 01-10-2006, 03:37 PM
boobaroo
Default RE: 1991 Caravan Heating Problem

I was not getting any circulation through my heater core. It must have been partially plugged. So I took white distilled vinegar and filled the heater core through the hose, not the entire system, but just the heater core. I then plugged off both ends of the heater core and let the vinegar set all night. The next day, I then completly flushed out the heater core and the entire system and believe it or not, my heater now works great.

Quick Reply: 1991 Caravan Heating Problem