Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

cruse control fuse

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 07:18 PM
milburn207
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cruse control fuse

where in the heck is the cruse control fuse or relay for a 97 dodge grand caravan?
the cruse control does not light up or work. when you first start the car the light gos on then off.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:50 PM
greaseangel
Professional
Default RE: cruse control fuse

Pop the hood and look to the right of your battery. There's a box there, take the lid off. On the underside of the lid, you will find a diagram of where each fuse is. I can't remember is the CC fuse is in there, but if it's not, look under the dash on the driver side.

Another question though, does your horn work? Is the airbag light on? If the horn and airbag are also malfunctioning, you've got a tougher problem than the fuse.

Old 12-18-2005, 04:00 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

Its probably the clockspring (connects the steering wheel controls and airbag to the rest of the vehicle) There is a recall for this concern, no charge repair. There is no cc fuse, the cruise actuator is controlled by the engine control module.

Old 12-20-2005, 01:55 AM
greaseangel
Professional

There's a recall for the clockspring? Even as old as our vans are it can get fixed?

I did not know there is no fuse, I just knew that if there was a fuse, where it would be

Old 12-20-2005, 10:06 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran

It sure can be fixed! Just call your dealer and tell them that your airbag light is on or your cruise does not work and they wil replace the clockspring free of charge.

Old 12-22-2005, 01:19 AM
greaseangel
Professional

Wow! Thank you! I will call them whenever my van gets back from the mechanic. I told a friend who works in the service department about the problem several months ago, and he told me about the faulty clockspring, but he didn't say anything about a recall. Boy am I gonna chew him out lol!

Quick Reply: cruse control fuse