Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Fan Speed control on '00 Gr Caravan

Old 11-17-2005, 11:28 PM
OldElvis
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fan Speed control on '00 Gr Caravan

The fan speed control on my Grand Caravan Sport has on position out on it. The fan blows fine on spots 1,2,3,&5 but
is dead on 4. In fact if I switch it to postion 4 (2nd Fastest fan speed) I can hear the doors inside closing, like when you trun the heat off. I pulled the control panel off and reseated the connector, no luck, nothing looks burnt or cooked in there. Do I
need another fan speed control panel.? Do I have to replace the whole thing ( including the heater, AC, and rear
wiper, defrost, etc.) or can you get just the speed control. Is there a set a ballast resistos hidden somewhere else?

Old 11-18-2005, 01:12 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: Fan Speed control on '00 Gr Caravan

Its probably the blower motor resistor, very common problem. Its located on the firewall next to the passenger front strut tower. Its not in a very nice location. It would probably be easier to remove the wiper assembly to gain access to it. You will probably need the resistor and the connector as they usually corrode.

Old 12-14-2005, 12:12 AM
mgordonb

I second that. It's undoubtedly the resistor. Have done a couple, though never in my Caravan.

Old 12-16-2005, 02:32 AM
Chump
Captain

If you replace it, use dielectric grease on the terminals to help prevent corrosion.

[IMG]local://upfiles/21718/1BB17247EC4A41FE9848FE2E05E4648A.jpg[/IMG]

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fan Speed control on '00 Gr Caravan