Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

power doors

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 02:18 AM
jayman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power doors

Hi,
I am new to the forum and was hoping someone could help me. I have a 02' Grand Caravan. The power doors are acting crazy and only work sometimes, including the power lift gate. The van is out of warranty and I was hoping I could troubleshoot and fix it myself without a trip to the dealer. Can anyone help?

Jayman

Old 01-01-2006, 04:08 PM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power doors

There were issues with the overhead console switches going bad. Specifically the ones that control the overhead trip computer. The power door and liftgate buttons communicate through the trip computer switches. If you are good at soldering you could take the switch unit apart and resolder the circuit board as that is what causes the problem. Otherwise a trip to the dealer is necessary, because there are no aftermarket scan tools that communicate with the power sliding door and power liftgate modules. Also there was a recall on some minivans for the power liftgate.

Quick Reply: power doors