Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Caravan Wiring troubles

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 10:28 AM
Iatm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Caravan Wiring troubles

I have a 2001 1 Caravan and I am having some electrical trouble. When it is damp or raining out I lose all electrical inside the van when she is running. Turn the key back to accessory and all comes back. This problem only happen when its rainning and the van is running. After you tun the key back to start and run the engine again it will stayon but only for a shot while. It losses all power to the inside controls of the van like the power windows, wipers, radio, etc. While driving and this happens I have to put it in neutral, turn the key back to get power again, then restart the engine hopping it all will come back on. Any ideas on the solution for this problem would be apperciated.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:22 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Caravan Wiring troubles

Check the wiring under the fuse box next to the battery. There is about a dozen connectors under there and they can corrode. You have to remove the battery to flip up the fuse panel to check the wiring underneath.

Quick Reply: 2001 Caravan Wiring troubles