Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Remote door locks inop...

Old 01-18-2006, 11:58 PM
Scout
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Remote door locks inop...

Just found this forum,
I’ve got a couple questions about my 2005 grand caravan. First I’ll say (It’s a super mini- van!) “ Wow’ I must be getting
old, Ha Ha… [8D]
The problem started today; my remote keyless door locks, and electric side doors are not working. The running lights flash as usual when remote button is pushed. The switches inside the car will not work the door locks either. My first thought after hearing about the problem was a bad fuse.
Checked out fuse; ok. I think it might be the relay, can anyone verify this. Noticed a slot for a spare relay ( looks like all relays are same type ), No spare relay provided.
Second question is the sliding side doors. When opening and closing the side doors manually, I notice one door has a lot more resistance. Should I spray some white grease, or us a graphite powder on this doors channels.
Any help on these would be appreciated
Great forum!!! Thanks Scout

Old 01-19-2006, 09:58 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Remote door locks inop...

There is a techincal service bulletin out to reprogram the body control module with new software to correct the locks inop problem (dealer has to do it, under warranty) There isn't anything to lube on the sliding doors as all of the roller bearings are sealed. Hvae the dealer check that too while they are fixing the power locks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Remote door locks inop...