Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

99 Caravan P-side P/W kapute

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2006, 07:28 PM
r0de0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Caravan P-side P/W kapute

Howdy,

My Passenger side Power Window is open about 2 " as I left it.

Now when I try to close it, nothing.
The D side windows works fine.
Neither D or P side switches work so it may not be fuse.

I have a Hayes manual, not much help, and owners manual, about the same. The both mention that it is controlled by some sort of a Control Module and should be dealer serviced.

So, my question is: Which module and where?
I notice that under the hood in the Power Control Panel, there are several Relays and Modules that look the same.
I am assuming I could switch them around to see which is failing? I have tried reseating all the fuses, relays and modules, but to no avail.

It is a cold day in Canada to be driving around with my window open, could some one please give me technical details on how to troubleshoot or which module to swap-out?

I am an electronic technician and am not afraid to get involved with the wiring.

Regards, Wyatt.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:13 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: 99 Caravan P-side P/W kapute

There is no module, the windows get their power straight from a ptc in the fuse block under the dash. Its either on of the switches or the window motor itself. Sometimes if you keep trying the switch you can get it to work again, or if it is the motor, bang on the door panel in the center while pressing the switch to see if the motor will work enough to get the window closed.

Old 01-31-2006, 10:11 PM
r0de0
Default Cold Case Solved! RE: 99 Caravan P-side P/W kapute

Amazing, Thanks BrandonChrone!

I banged on the door panel in the center while pressing the switch, as you suggested, and it worked!
Now I will take the door skin off on a nicer day and find the fauly wire or motor...

Regards from Collingwood, Canada.
Wyatt.

Old 09-04-2006, 02:58 AM
99GrCaravanSE
Default RE: Cold Case Solved! RE: 99 Caravan P-side P/W kapute

Hi,

Did you ever take the door skin off? I have the same problem and got all the screws and the clips off as per the Chilton Manual. The panel will lift off at the end but not the front. I didn't want to force and break it because there may be a screw hidden in the door lever somewhere. Any idea?

Also, was your regulator or the motor bad?

Thanks,
Tony

Quick Reply: 99 Caravan P-side P/W kapute