Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Want better performance & fuel enonmy ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:18 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want better performance & fuel enonmy ?

Hi , This is the big tip you have been waiting for !!!!!!! I have a 2010 caravan with a 3.3 engine . I first removed the ground cable . Then I pulled the lock About 1/8 in. on the wiring hasness an then pulled the wiring to the M.A.P. switch . Then I turned the M.A.P. switch counter clock wise 90 degree & pulled the plug out of the manifold . I then drilled out the orfice hole in the M.A.P. in four steps . Take a small bit to a larger bit slowly to you get to almost twice the size in the orfice hole. Be carfull not to go to deep as you will destroy the mercury swich about a 1/4 inch deep . Drill a little a take a peek to check the dept . This will make 3 times the vacuum giving to 3 times the timing advance to make fuel economy an more power to merge . You will be shocked at the power your are now getting from right off the line. Reinstall the neg. battery cable so the computor can reprogram the new found horse power . This tip also works on a 3.8 engine. Just an old hot rodders thoughts . Bud

Old 09-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I smell a load of s@it.

Old 09-01-2011, 01:25 PM
TNtech
Site Moderator-Dodge Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Why don't you just put a resistor in the signal return? Anyway, you drill a hole in your MAP sensor you open it up to condensation which will eventually screw it up. As those pesky laws of nature and physics dictate, water does have weight just like atmospheric pressure you know. The PCM only has certain operating range of advance and fuel control. Also 3 times the vacuum would be around 48" at idle. Which is more than the absolute vacuum of outer space? Are you saying this is ALIEN technology? Well, that changes everything!!!

....I could keep going.....but I have to get back to my daily lowlife multi-tasking.

Last edited by TNtech; 09-01-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:09 PM
lovvorn
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think your last phrase says it all !!

I think you under stood perfectly well but choose to side with your friend ! I think this forum is to help people with thier problems an not to cause disruptive behavior !! If you don't know what mercury is you need to do some home work before you yell because you surely have demorastated that you have no clue to this post !! Bud

Last edited by jasonw; 09-06-2011 at 09:37 AM. Reason: Deleted offensive content.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:37 AM
Cthulhu
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lovvorn
I think you under stood perfectly well but choose to side with your friend ! I think this forum is to help people with thier problems an not to cause disruptive behavior !! If you don't know what mercury is you need to do some home work before you yell because you surely have demorastated that you have no clue to this post !! You are no Tech or maybe a grease monkey or maybe a dinosaur !! Go look in the mirrow an talk ugly to your self . Bud

And this children is how you win friends, and influence .. ... um.. ya..

Keep trying.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:38 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Cthulhu
And this children is how you win friends, and influence .. ... um.. ya..

Keep trying.
Yup, agreed. Thread cleaned and locked. You could have been a little gentler in the beginning, Cthulhu.

lovvorn, you definitely could have been gentler. Consider this a warning. Personal attacks will not be tolerated, please read the DF site rules.

Last edited by jasonw; 09-06-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Want better performance & fuel enonmy ?