Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1994 Grand Caravan SE starting issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 03:55 PM
90cherrytsi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1994 Grand Caravan SE starting issues

Hey guys,

I'm new to the Dodge world but not new to mechanics.

I'm trying to help a friend who has had a 94 GC SE that won't start. It's been sitting about 8 months. It has gas but no spark. I've checked the pressure release valve and gas spits out after cranking it over so I'm assuming this is a valid test to determine that there is gas getting to the rail/injectors. I've replaced the coil/wires/plugs which were all pretty bad.

My question is can anyone give me the voltage/resistance info on the little 4 plug electrical connector that plugs into the coil to see what it is as well as the pin layout (which is 1,2,3,4)? Assuming the coil checks out OK can anyone give me any more of a roadpath as far as what else to look at? The CAS maybe? The car turns over but it just never sparks.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, even any info or other sites that may list this information would be great. I'm not sure if this is the only issue with the van or not but once I can get spark I'm sure the rest will fall into place. This lady has been living out of it and now they're trying to tow it so I'm trying to help her get it started and moved.

Thanks a million
Matt

Quick Reply: 1994 Grand Caravan SE starting issues