Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Stalled

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 03:23 PM
acmectec2001
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stalled

98 van died 2 different times on my wife at stop lights. No engine light came on. Was running fine ....just died. Then it started right back up and ran fine. Started it it up one morning and it spit and sputtered for a few seconds and then started running fine..again no code. I hope this isnt a sign of things to come!

Old 02-22-2006, 03:13 PM
chopper
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Stalled

More info would help such as engine temp,whether the van coasted to a stop with the engine dead or did it shut down after the van was sitting still.
Hard cold starts are usually from carbon build ups on the backs of the intake valves and dirty fuel injectors.If the van is just driven a few miles each day,the gasoline forms deposits from repeated shut down start cycles.Fuel system cleaners can help clean these deposits but you must give them time to work.By this I mean driving the car for a few hours not a few minutes.My wifes 92Caravan was doing this untill I pressed it into service as my work beater.It gets driven about 500 mi a week and runs better than it ever did when it was just being driven a few miles a day.

Quick Reply: Stalled