Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

01 Grand Caravan...no Overdrive, what to do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 07:28 PM
original66chgr
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Grand Caravan...no Overdrive, what to do?

Hey, i need help quick. I have a 2001 grand caravan sport 3.3L with 4sp Auto. Last night coming home from snowboarding, the check engine light goes on and RPMs say 4000 at 50mph. So I limp her home and clear codes by disconnecting battery...reconnect battery codes come back on? What is the deal? Only 70K on vehicle, tranny fluid looks great/clean, smells fine/not burnt...what could it be? I need to getterdone quick, cause I leave for AK in one week...PLEASE...any thoughts???[:@]

Old 03-04-2006, 12:44 PM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: 01 Grand Caravan...no Overdrive, what to do?

I don't know where the sensor is on your van but when my wife's 92 Caravan went into the "limp home"mode it turned out it was a $21 sensor(dealer).The input speed sensor.On the A-604 and 41TE trans.it's above the solenoid assy.cover and between the cooler lines.These lines are beside the transmission dipstick.It required a 1 inch wrench and about an hours time to R&R.You have to remove the battery,cooling fan,and battery tray to get to the sensor.

Old 03-06-2006, 09:21 PM
original66chgr
Default RE: 01 Grand Caravan...no Overdrive, what to do?

[:@] I did replace the input speed sensor...nothing. I'm going to change the other sensor and sacrifice a chicken to the gods of mopar and hope that that does it....I never had these kind of problems with my 95 Wrangler. What's Dodge's problem with the Caravan? I thought these things were supposed to be money...not a money pit
Any other thoughts on what my problem could be...i'd appreciate.
I did pull the pan to check things out...spotless. Put new ATF+4 and new filter, so that's not the problem.
Any guesses???[:@]

Quick Reply: 01 Grand Caravan...no Overdrive, what to do?