Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Need help with Chrysler DVD Player replacemtn

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2006, 03:57 PM
plixell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with Chrysler DVD Player replacemtn

Okay Guys....Let me warn you that I know just enough to be dangerous, so get ready to cringe.

Anyway...I manged to be driving my daughter to the city the other day with an open cup of coffee in my hand...(big no-no). Well, after suddenly slamming on the breaks, about half of the cup of coffee went right into the slot of my DVD player...(I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan which I love....the DVD player is in the Console with the stereo and AC and is factory built.) Needless to say, the warrenty doesn't seem to cover coffee spillage---they should do something about that![:@]

Well after a $725 dollar quote from the dealership, I determined I would look elsewhere. I pulled the DVD player out and took it apart and cleaned all of the coffee out of it. It sort of works, although you have to push the dvd in with a stick...lol. Understanding that I needed to get a dvd player with the special plugs, I finally ended up on EBAY. I found a "GREAT DEAL" on a Chrysler 6 Disc changer which had the same plugs. I was assured that it would work fine. I have put it in and plugged it up--the first thing I discovered is that the form factor is not the same---that I can fix....however, what I am getting, now is that the first three lights for the dvds flash and then the last three lights flash---It alternates back and forth. When I select it on the stereo, I just get an error. I verified the Pinouts between the two players and they are exactly the same. There is only one number and one letter difference in the part number. I am stumped.

My question is this. Do you think I have a bad DVD player or an incompatible dvd player or do I not have enough info to tell? Thanks in advance fo taking the time to read this email!
Plixell

Old 03-25-2006, 07:28 PM
stantheman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need help with Chrysler DVD Player replacemtn

sounds like you have an incompatible dvd player. would have recommended getting the exact same one that you had to begin with. all chrysler audio acc will have the same pinouts and plugs it is just some are just programmed for diff modules and models.

Quick Reply: Need help with Chrysler DVD Player replacemtn