Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

98 caravan prob

Old 03-30-2006, 02:06 AM
2007CustomCaliber
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 caravan prob

this may or may not sound weird but here goes'
this van had a remote starter put in at xmas time and last week the battery died
no prob we got a new one .... now for the problem the remote starter would not work and for some strange
reason the lights on the rear wiper, rear intermit wiper, air condition and one other (cant rem which) flash?
any help would be great
i got the remote start fixed by resetting remotes but the lights have me stumped

Old 03-30-2006, 02:45 AM
2007CustomCaliber
Rookie
Default RE: 98 caravan prob

think i found answer on someone elses question
thanks i will let everyone know if it works if so i will post

Old 03-31-2006, 12:28 AM
2007CustomCaliber
Rookie
Default RE: 98 caravan prob

ok the problem did not go away
but one thing i did find out is the van had the ac unit removed so im thinking the fix is good only if you have air unit still intack
this is from another post as a fix for the problem

No replays are bad. The cooldown cycle and air-blend doors calibrations need to be reset. To do this start the van and turn on the A/C. Set the blower speed to high.

Your control buttons are in an "L" shape. Press the top and bottom buttons at the same time. The system will start the "cool down" calibration cycle.

After this cycle has completed, you'll need to press the far left AND far right button (at the same time). This will start the "AIR BLEND DOOR calibration. The doors will actuate through the recirc, defrost, vent, floor modes.

After BOTH cycles have been completed, switch off the van and restart it. MISSION COMPLETED!!
any other help of fixes are worth the try
thanks again

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 98 caravan prob