Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

96 tranny

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 08:38 PM
mikeskywalker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 tranny

in my wifes 96 voyager the tranny is slipping real bad 1 st. is gone all the way i think how hard is it to pull and rebuild ? and is there a place where i can put in the vin # and get all the vehicle specs ????? HELP PLEASE

Old 04-17-2006, 08:54 PM
shelbydodgeimp
Rookie
Default RE: 96 tranny

If you have never rebult a trans, the A604 is not a good one to learn on, I know rebuilders who hate touching them.

It is shot, I would suggest getting it rebuilt at a trans shop that knows this trans, NOT amco

Short of that, I would find a low mileage one in a junk yard w/ 30-90 day warrenty (varries with the yard), some yards will do the swap for you at some labor charges.

Old 04-18-2006, 06:37 PM
webbee
Professional
Default RE: 96 tranny

I would look at the Mopar factory reconditioned unit instead of having a shop rebuild it locally. You will have to self install or pay someone to do it for you. The factory is truly rebuilt, not just new seals and clutch packs. Some people also say the Advance Auto heavy duty unit rebuild is good. I think the factory has the longest guarantee of 24/24. I would also add a tranny oil cooler to the process, as heat is the enemy of this transaxle.

Quick Reply: 96 tranny