Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

power outlet/cig. lighter

Old 06-30-2007, 02:12 AM
garrettl
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: power outlet/cig. lighter

Thanks for the help. I'm assuming you're meaning the IPM box, right? Unfortunately they are not numbered. Before I start pulling out all of the 20 amp fuses, what is the label?

My contention isn't with the use. I know that using an inverter carries the risk of blowing a fuse. I was cranked about the idea of having to get the car serviced for a blown fuse.

Thanks again for your help, and if you could let me know which fuse is fuse 5, I would appreciate it.

GL

Old 06-30-2007, 02:15 AM
garrettl

Thanks for the help. I'm assuming you're meaning the IPM box, right? Unfortunately they are not numbered. Before I start pulling out all of the 20 amp fuses, what is the label?

My contention isn't with the use. I know that using an inverter carries the risk of blowing a fuse. I was cranked about the idea of having to get the car serviced for a blown fuse.

Thanks again for your help, and if you could let me know which fuse is fuse 5, I would appreciate it.

GL

Old 06-30-2007, 02:25 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

i dont have the back of the cover with the numbers on it. Use your owners manual or get a test light and go from there.

Old 06-30-2007, 02:34 PM
garrettl

Can I just disconnect the battery and start pulling 20 amp fuses? My test light broke and it may be just as quick to pull fuses.

Garrett

Old 06-30-2007, 02:44 PM
garrettl

I just found it. It is the RDO/IP IGN fuse. There is key or numbering of fuses in the manual or on the inside cover. This is definitely something Dodge could be more clear about their manual. In the meantime, I'm returning the inverter to Wal-Mart (I should have known better) since it blew a fuse on my GM without anything even being plugged into it!

Old 06-30-2007, 02:45 PM
garrettl

PS thanks for the help, DogeTech!

Old 06-30-2007, 10:08 PM
Dodge Tech
Captain

yeah u can do that.

Old 07-01-2007, 12:56 AM
Cdn Colin

ORIGINAL: mudskipper

And onthe same topicof "No Such Thing", I'm reminded,believe it or not butit's true, that I've been to 3 Dodge Chrysler dealerships, all 5-Star Dealerships!! askingthe service people about changing the Air-Con cabin air filter and it was "No Such Thing"!They didn't believe such a filter exist until I showed them Page 310 of the above same manual!! Service people in 5-Star (highest star rating!) Dodge Chrysler (now Daimler Dodge Chrysler) dealerships!!

My manual also mentions the A/C filter, but it truly does not exist. Look for it; it's not there. I learned this when I took the van for regular maintenance which included the filter change. I didn't take it to Dodge. When I couldn't find it, I decided to let a pro change it. He couldn't find it either. Even the diagram in the manual does not match what is really under the passenger side dash.

Old 01-17-2010, 03:23 PM
van1
Default Only Power outlet not working

Need some help here. Only the power outlet stopped working, everything is working just fine. Any ideas??
I am thinking it is not a fuse, because the radio works.
2006 Caravan

Old 01-17-2010, 05:39 PM
master tech
Site Moderator & Tech
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 92 Likes on 78 Posts

You may want to ck the PDC for any blown fuse, with a 12v test lite or a DVOM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: power outlet/cig. lighter