Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

error code 23

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 08:30 PM
jroland508
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default error code 23

I just had the air condition condenser replaced three days ago, along with an oil change. Now the engine light is on and I got the error code 23 from the diagnostic, which is an "Incoming air temperature sensor may be bad" code.
Could this be related to either of the changes that were made? Any help would be appreciated before I take the van back to the shop. Oh yeah, it is also in limp mode now.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:41 PM
3.0van97
Default RE: error code 23

I'm having trouble seeing how this could be related. Code 23 on the list I have says "Intake air temp sensor out of range". Why would getting an oil change damage the intake.

However, If the intake is involved (taken out for access, etc) with condenser replacement, I don't know if it is, maybe the mechanic unplugged the sensor and never replugged it. Good place to start is to see if it is plugged and the wiring is ok.

Old 04-27-2006, 09:55 PM
jroland508
Default RE: error code 23

Just went out to do some troubleshooting. Seems the fans behind the radiator are not engaging. I also hear a click about every ten seconds. I think the mechanic didn't hook every thing up - at least I have an idea now when I take it back in as to what it is.
Thanks for the reply.

Old 04-28-2006, 03:50 PM
jroland508
Default RE: error code 23 updated

Mechanic gets a PO755 error code - which points to the tranny as the problem. Does anyone know if the "limp mode" feature that Dodge's have will show up as an error code?
I am suspicious of the mechanic, because my fans behind the radiator were not engaging before I took it in, and after they checked it out, now they are, and the van seems to be running fine, but the "check engine" light is still on.

Quick Reply: error code 23