Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

How to wire OEM deck into infinty on '96

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 03:40 PM
forlorn1
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to wire OEM deck into infinty on '96

I have a 96 Chrysler T&C which I understand to be mostly the same as a Caravan of the same year.

In any case, it has the Infinty premium sound sytem in it, but the reciever died.

I bought a new deck (Dual XDM6820, el cheapo bu with an aux in) to reoplace it, and I've been struggling with getting it wired right.

I have all the speaker wires, and power, but I can't get the Infinity amp to turn on.
That results in decent sound in the front, but lousy tinny sound from the back speakers.
I have found many people with the same problem through google.
But no solutions.

installdr.com has a guide that basically says "hook the deck ground up to the infinty deck ground and not the ground strap".
I guess by floating this, when the power comes on it should power up the amp.

Unfortunately in the 96 I don't just have a single ground wire to the Infinity deck. There are two.
One white with black strip, the other a light blue.
I think from some of the stuff I read, that one is a data line, and the other a ground, but thats only a guess.

I have tried lots of things, but haven't managed to get the rear amp to turn on yet.

Can anyone tell me how to wire this to work. Or is it impossible.

Thanks in advance
Jeff

Old 06-06-2006, 11:46 AM
dspan0912
Default RE: How to wire OEM deck into infinty on '96

To get that to work, wire the antenna power lead of the new radio to the #1 wire on the black connector.

Dee

Old 06-07-2006, 01:57 AM
lowtekrednek
Default RE: How to wire OEM deck into infinty on '96

I have the local dealer's 96 factory service manual (they ripped me off then let me use their manual, idiots)
I could look for the wiring diagram if you would like.
I could scan it and email it to you
let me know

james

Quick Reply: How to wire OEM deck into infinty on '96