Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Adaptives + relearn

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 03:20 PM
Montreal300
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adaptives + relearn

I asked this question on another thread but didn't want to hijack someone elses thread which was about 2012 GC shift points and the generally bad behavoiur of the tranny..
The question was, do these vans have an adaptives fuse that can be pulled to reset adaptives?
"Gentz" answered it can be done with a scan tool. While I do appreciate the answer, it's not quite what I was looking for. Is there a fuse that can be pulled?
On the Chrysler 300's, if you pull the fuse for the PCM for about 20 seconds, it erases the adaptives and puts things like throttle responce, shift points, shift firmness back to original (faster) factory specs. Some of us, with handheld tuners, do it so often, we have switches installed.
I'm just hoping that this is also possible on the GC and that maybe, just maybe, we can temporarily cure some of the tranny issues until Chrysler rewrites the software.

Anyone??

Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 PM
gentz
Professional

You can try disconnecting the battery for 30 min and see if it looses all the adaptives for the transmission, just remember you will also clear any engine adaptives too...

Old 02-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Montreal300
Professional

Thanks gentz, that is sort of the final solution and losing the engine adaptives is not a loss at all. We found that if you drive like a granny for a couple of weeks because of rush hour traffic etc., throttle responce as diminished because the car thinks you want to drive like that all the time. Pulling the plug "woke it up".
The problem with the battery disconnect is that it also wiped out memory for the other modules on the bus forcing you to reset, power windows, seats positioners, sunroof and in some cases steering wheel centering. Kind of a pain.
I don't have the circuit diagrams for van (yet) so I don't know if there is a dedicated fuse for the PCM but from you signature it seems you may have access. Any input would be much appreciated.

Quick Reply: Adaptives + relearn