Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Caravan lighting problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2006, 02:40 PM
timwillms
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caravan lighting problems

Hi folks, nice to be posting here and maybe making new friends.

To start, I have a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport. I just purchased it and noticed, while driving at night, that the nighttime lighting around the headlight switch, power mirror switch, dimmer switch and both the power lock and power window switches was not working. I disassembled the headlight switch module and noticed that there were no bulbs in the PC board where they should be. I also noticed (and tested) the input and output wiring of this module and found that there was no input wiring to LIGHT the bulbs. This means that the wiring harness to the light switch has no wire to light the lights, even if they were installed. The same goes for the power window switches. The module there shows places to mount green LED's for the switches (no LED's installed) and also there is no wiring to light these switches.

I talked to a rep at the local Chrysler dealership and he said that there were a few years where Chysler decided to stop lighting these switches but due to a lot of unhappy people, they decided to begin doing it again.

Has anyone heard of this and if so, is there a retro kit that will bypass this so it will work?

Thanks.

Tim

Old 06-03-2006, 02:25 PM
jhtopilko
Default RE: Caravan lighting problems

I believe on allpar they said this feature was removed in your year. Do you have the windshiled wiper de-icer in teh windshield? That was also supposed to have been removed.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:56 PM
stratman2
Default RE: Caravan lighting problems

This is an interesting topic to me. I also have a 03 GC - as I think about it, I've often had to search around in the dark to find these switches. My 1996 Stratus has them illuminated, and I've never had to hunt for them. Please post if you find a solution - I may just want to 'fix' this on mine too!

-Stratman2

Quick Reply: Caravan lighting problems