Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Severe Coolant Leakage

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 10:43 PM
unclefloyd1979
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Severe Coolant Leakage

Hello! Remeber me? I'm the guy who had the problem with the heater and the radio. Well, now I seem to be having a worse problem. I have the '90 3.0L V6. Well, there seems to be a really bad coolant leak coming from the driver's left-hand side of the engine. I know it's not the water pump, and I know it ain't the hoses, or the radiator. You know the lower radiator hose? Not the hose istelf, but the metal tube to which the hose is attached. Right where that metal tubing goes into the engine block. That's where the leak seems to be coming from.

Now, here's my question. Is there any way to fix that without having to rebuild the engine?

Travis

Old 06-09-2006, 01:14 PM
chopper
Veteran
Default RE: Severe Coolant Leakage

It could be a bad gasket or a hole has actually rusted through the tube.You're going to have to crawl under the van to find this one.

Old 06-09-2006, 11:04 PM
greaseangel
Professional

It's probably rusted through. I had to replace the same thing (by your description) on my 97 when the timing belt and water pump were replaced. It's about 40 bucks from the dealer.

Old 06-12-2006, 06:01 AM
unclefloyd1979

Yeah, I pulled the tube out, and it looks fine. A guy at my job told me it probably just needs a new O-Ring, and some white grease. I purchased both, and am soaking the tube itself in some rust-eating solvent over-night. I guess I'll just put it back tomorrow and see what happens.

Travis

Quick Reply: Severe Coolant Leakage