Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

G.Caravan 3.3 Turbo Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 11:58 PM
Mauritzio
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default G.Caravan 3.3 Turbo Pics

Here there are some pics... Its a 1997 Grand caravan 3.3 V6, as the hole family grew up we decided to keep the van, because of the affective value it has for us. So to make it more funny we put a Subaru impreza Turbo, forged pistons, adicional fuel pump, we modifie the inyeccion map, we also put adicional inyeccion in the intake, it has 245 45 17" Sumitomo(japan) milemiglia (italian) weels and i also had to replace the brakes, with bigger perforated brake discs. and thats it. we didnĀ“t give too much preasure to the turbo because we didnĀ“t know the limitations of the transmission, beside that i now know them, so for the moment is enough. The van is very funny to drive because in the highway people donĀ“t know why the old family van accelerate so fast! WHAT I COULDNĀ“T DO ITĀ“S TO TURN OFF THE SPEED LIMIT AT 120 MILES, PLEASE IF YOU KNOW HOW TELL ME!!

PC: Sorry for my spelling, im from argentina, and i dont speak english very well. Thank you.

[IMG]local://upfiles/37553/839390D018AA446D83FACC4422921DBA.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/37553/B1AFCDCD4B314A598BBD78C073548CA2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/37553/DD7412A8140B4BBC8DF0E716A69061C1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-22-2006, 02:13 AM
minivanin
Professional
Default RE: G.Caravan 3.3 Turbo Pics

hell yeah!
where you get your pistons from???

greg approved! I'd love to see more pics if possible, i like to stare at this kind of stuff

damnit, so i'll be turbo 3.3van #3 then, ohwell, damnit, i really want mine to be running now!!!

-greg

Old 06-22-2006, 02:40 PM
Mauritzio

hi greg ill send you more pics, those pistons were made here in argentina by forged pistons "iapel" the original one blew up so then i kwew i had to put this ones.

Old 06-23-2006, 03:31 AM
jhtopilko

Cool van. It'd be nice to get some acceleration numbers.

Old 06-23-2006, 04:58 PM
shelbydodgeimp
Rookie

Looks like an interesting project.

Re that speed limitor.

There is not much you can do. No way to reprogram the PCM, no performance "chips" for the 3.3...

The best you could do would be to run a custom fuel injector computer and a custom distributorless ignition system "piggyback" style with the OEM pcm and bypass the speed limitor that way.

HOWEVER- since you have an OBID2 that is not legal in most states, due to emission laws. Dunno where you live- but it could prove a problem if you want to keep the van street legal.

Otherwise what I would do, if it were me, is get a custom EFI system (say a megasquirt) and a custom DIS system (think MSD DIS6 here) and run them to control the engine while using the OEM sensors to "fake" the PCM into thinking that it is controlling an engine still (aka it has resistors in place of the spark coil pack and fuel injectors).

No matter what you *need* the OEM computer system there, even if it is not controlling the engine, in order for the transmission to operate since that is TCM dependant.

Old 06-24-2006, 03:00 AM
jhtopilko

ORIGINAL: shelbydodgeimp

Looks like an interesting project.

Re that speed limitor.

There is not much you can do. No way to reprogram the PCM, no performance "chips" for the 3.3...

The best you could do would be to run a custom fuel injector computer and a custom distributorless ignition system "piggyback" style with the OEM pcm and bypass the speed limitor that way.

HOWEVER- since you have an OBID2 that is not legal in most states, due to emission laws. Dunno where you live- but it could prove a problem if you want to keep the van street legal.

Otherwise what I would do, if it were me, is get a custom EFI system (say a megasquirt) and a custom DIS system (think MSD DIS6 here) and run them to control the engine while using the OEM sensors to "fake" the PCM into thinking that it is controlling an engine still (aka it has resistors in place of the spark coil pack and fuel injectors).

No matter what you *need* the OEM computer system there, even if it is not controlling the engine, in order for the transmission to operate since that is TCM dependant.
He said he lives in Argentina. He turbocharged his van and wants to get rid of his speed limiter and you think he's concerned with legalities? Read much? Your other ideas have merit, though.

Old 06-24-2006, 11:39 PM
Mauritzio

Im know the law as you do, but please donĀ“t tell me that if you have Dodge Viper you will drive at 80 miles per hour throw your roads.
I had many american cars one of them the dodge stratus convertible, I loved it because it was such a beautifull car!! but with that V6 2.5 liter I felt asleep at the road, i couldnĀ“t overpass anyone at the road, I know it isnt a car for speed but then put a smaller engine!! so now I own a german car with 1000 cubic centimiters more, no turbocharged and i have mor than the double of power.
I love american Cars!! but some thigs must be changed.

Old 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
shelbydodgeimp
Rookie

He said he lives in Argentina. He turbocharged his van and wants to get rid of his speed limiter and you think he's concerned with legalities? Read much? Your other ideas have merit, though.
You're crazy if you think the US is the only country with emission laws. It is arrogant to assume the rest of the world is 3 decades behind the US in terms of that, sure some countries do not have emission laws- but I do not have a clue if Argentina is one of them.

Old 06-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Mauritzio

yes we have that laws but there are some roads that is permited that speed, as i think so in US. IM not a crazy guy, going everywhere at 140 miles/h. in the streets i am the first one to respec the law but there are some roads as i mentioned, that no matters the speed. so now that my minivan can do it i wanted to know how. in that road may be im doing 120 and i have to move away because there is another guy doing 140 with a mitsubishi eclipse...
but in the other hand it is forbiden to pass the max. speed of 75 miles/h

Old 06-26-2006, 06:26 PM
minivanin
Professional

Japan has the strictest emissions laws out there, often replacing the motor cuz after a certain amount of miles, it deemed not clean enough or something like that, not good enough, etc

why you think we get all these low mileage jap motors over here

-greg

Quick Reply: G.Caravan 3.3 Turbo Pics