Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

owners manual for 91 Dodge Grand Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:59 PM
dlw
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default owners manual for 91 Dodge Grand Caravan

Is there an online owners manual for a 91 Dodge Grand Caravan?
Or, will someone email me pages from an owners manual?

Need to know how to change setting in the overhead readout.

dlw

Old 07-05-2006, 03:52 AM
Goofy173
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: owners manual for 91 Dodge Grand Caravan

How lucky you are that you get my very first post here.

I don't have this on my Caravan so I have to guess from the book that you are talking about the compass/mini-trip computer.

I can type it quicker if it'll give you what you need. If you still want a scan, let me know.

STEP BUTTON Pushing this button allows the operator to cycle through the following displays; Compass/Temerature, Trip Odometer, Average Fuel Efficiency, instantaneous fuel efficiency, distance to empty, elapsed time, and OFF.

US/M Button press this button to convert the display from US to metric.

To Reset the Display press the Step and US/M buttons simultaneously and all resettable condition will be reset. This will occur only if a resettable function is currently being displayed.

Compass Calibration This compass is self calibration which eliminates the need to manually set the compass. When the vehicle is new, the compass may appear erratic and the CAL symbol will be displayed. After completing three 360 degree turns in an area free from large metal or metallic objects the CAL symbol will turrn off and the compass will function normally.

Compass Variance is the difference between magnetic North Geographic North. In some areas of the country, the difference between magnetic and geographic North is great enough to cause the compass to give false readings. If this occurs, the compass variance must be set.

To set the variance: Turn the ignition ON and set the display to Comp/Temp. While pressing the US/Metric button, press the Step button for approximately five seconds. Press the US/Metric button to select the proper variance zone as shown in the following map. Press the Step button to set the new variance zone and resume normal operation.

Temperature Because engine temperature can increase the displayed temperature, temperature readings are slightly dampened when the vehicle speed is below 18 MPH.
If the outside temp is more than 131 degrees F the display will indicate SC. When the outside temp is less than -40 deg. F the display will indicate OC.

Then it tells about what each item does. It doesn't talk about any button pressing.

If you need to know your compass variance number for setting the compass, let me know where you are approx. and I'll tell you from the pic. It's 1-15 in North America starting in Alaska.

After reading about it, I want one. I wonder if the wiring is there and if I can just yank one from a junk yard.

Quick Reply: owners manual for 91 Dodge Grand Caravan