Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

COOLING FAN 99 CARAVAN SPORT

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 08:51 PM
MISS MAAM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COOLING FAN 99 CARAVAN SPORT

MY RELAY OR SENSORS WENT OUT ON FAN YESTERDAY. ENGINE TEMP SHOT UP. I HAD TO DRIVE 45MIN. HOME WITH HEAT ON. NOT FUN IN SOUTH GA IN THE SUMMER. HAS ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SITUATION? DIFFICULT TO SOLVE? HUBBY IS GREAT MECH. AND HIS FRIEND HAS "THE BOOK" . ANY HINYS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Old 06-23-2006, 10:05 PM
99Sport33L
Rookie
Default RE: COOLING FAN 99 CARAVAN SPORT

If your check engine light is on maybe you have OBD 2 codes to help you out?

By the way, do you have the 3.3L Flex Fuel engine? I have that and I get terrible mpg of 9 to 14.9 mpg city. What mpg do you get city and highway?

Old 06-24-2006, 01:04 AM
MISS MAAM

99 SPORT3.3L
I get about 18 city 24/25 hwy at 55mph. on reg. unleaded. I read that if you use e-85 you will burn about a third more than using reg unleaded. I wish we had some alt fuel around here. Somebody would make a killing. about half this town is dodge mini vans. Thanks for the tip. I had to order a new solid state thingy off the web. will be here tuesday. Thanks alot.

Old 06-25-2006, 03:59 AM
DodgeRam318_4bbl
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: MISS MAAM

MY RELAY OR SENSORS WENT OUT ON FAN YESTERDAY. ENGINE TEMP SHOT UP. I HAD TO DRIVE 45MIN. HOME WITH HEAT ON. NOT FUN IN SOUTH GA IN THE SUMMER. HAS ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SITUATION? DIFFICULT TO SOLVE? HUBBY IS GREAT MECH. AND HIS FRIEND HAS "THE BOOK" . ANY HINYS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.
I had that problem on my 3.3L last month. Usually, it is the electrical connector on the bottom of the fans or the relay for the fan. If both of those are good, then try replacing the coolant temperature sensor on the manifold. If the sensor is bad, however, the Check Engine light will have come on.

Quick Reply: COOLING FAN 99 CARAVAN SPORT