Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 GC Sport AC issue

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:31 PM
ott
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 GC Sport AC issue

Hi,
My 2001 Grand Caravan Sport has a funny issue. The interior fan keeps blowing hot air in, regardless what setting i have the climate control on. It does not matter if AC is set on or off, nor does it matter how hot or cold i have the slider on. The only control that seems responding somewhat is the blower strength; however even on 'OFF' setting it keeps blowing hot air in.

I live in georgia, and on hot summer days you can imagine my joys of driving in rush hour traffic under hot sun...[:-]

Any ideas?

Old 06-26-2006, 02:07 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: 2001 GC Sport AC issue

Sounds like the HVAC controller needs to be checked and maybe re-set. I'm not sure on a 2001, but on your (heater) controll panel try pushing the upper Left and lower Left buttons (which on mine are a rear wiper button and defrost) hold them down for a few seconds until lights start to flash and then let it go through it's self-diagnostic(which takes a minute or so). Have key on (motor not running) and fan blower set to high. You will hear and feel it opening and closing the various vent doors and such. When it is done if there is a problem, it may blink out a code using the led's. The combination of buttons you need to push may vary, but you should be able to get it to do a self test ( after which, the system may reset and work fine which it did on mine) Does anyone know if there is a different or specific combination of buttons for a 2001? Good luck

Old 06-27-2006, 04:31 PM
ott

Thanks for the reply.

Alas, I've been trying all sort of button combinations, synced and not synced, but still no success. However, I did manage to get rid of all my windshield washer fluid

Any other ideas?

Old 07-08-2006, 12:16 PM
jamesr86

I had the same problem in the spring. I located the root source to the body control module. I disconnected the battery overnight and reconnected in the morning. The system reset and was good until Thursday when the compressor died.

Quick Reply: 2001 GC Sport AC issue