Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

tranny and code question 2000 Caravan

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 04:01 AM
jrscaf
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tranny and code question 2000 Caravan

Here's the sequence of events, 2 questions.
I have a 2000 grand caravan, it went into limp mode, so I researched how to get the codes from the car. I got code 23, intake air sensor, bought one from dealer did not help. It was the sensor right behind the thermostat, I questioned the parts guy if that was really an air temp sensor, he said yes. My first of 2 questions is where is the intake air temp sensor located?

Next day
I found out a guy at work had a code tester for all models of cars, I used it and got P0760, shift solenoid C malfuntion. My question is, how come the car gave me old codes and the computer gave me the newer codes? Also why didn't the computer give me a code for air temp sensor when the (car) is still showing code 23, and nothing about tranny malfunction. I cleared the codes and as soon as I started driving, the engine light came back on and was still in the limp mode.
Last question, where is the shift solenoid C located?

Thanks to all in advance, any info will be a BIG help, Randy

Old 10-14-2006, 03:00 PM
viper79
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tranny and code question 2000 Caravan

prolly inside the solenoid pack. I have similar prob code p0755 (solenoid circuit) installed new solenoid from autozone car ran good for a week then code came back again and the limp mode too. AAmco sez is the tranny. neone here have a better insight.

Quick Reply: tranny and code question 2000 Caravan