Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Caravan Door Open Alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 01:06 AM
dwhitters
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Caravan Door Open Alarm

Our Caravan has a problem with the door ajar alarm. When the door is fully closed the alarm sounds and will not turn off. I have narrowed it to the passenger side and if I hit the top of the door near the door handle it will reset but will activate again on the next bump in the road. I do not know if this is a coincidence but it is worse when the outside temp is warm and will not occur on cool days or evenings. I have reseated the plugs on the side of the door to no avail. HELP it is driving us buggy!!!

Old 07-15-2006, 11:21 PM
greaseangel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Caravan Door Open Alarm

Im my 97, it was a wire with a short in the door. At first, it only happened in the rain, then it began happening when it was muggy out. I think the reason it's happening for you when it gets hot out is a condensation problem. The air inside the door gets cool in the evening, then by the afternoon, with hot temps, the humidity is worse inside the door.

Quick Reply: 2001 Caravan Door Open Alarm