Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

A/C problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 02:32 PM
PhilC5987
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C problem

I'm having a problem with the A/C.
A/C seems to work great, until I stop the Van and turn off the engine. If restarted within several minutes, the A/C cycles between hot and cold air.
This may continue for several minutes or longer while driving. If I stop and turn off the engine and let the Van sit for a couple of hours, the A/C works OK, again.
This only seems to happen if the van is turn off for a short period, like if I stop for gas, and then continue on my way with the A/C on.

I have a climate control system in this van. When the problem is happening, and I set the climate control to auto, I can see the fan speed control changing from high to low and back and the air diverter changes from vents to floor and vents and back. It's likke it has a mind of it's own.
The temepure display always shows low, but like I said it blows cold then hot air, the cold again, and cycles like this for awhile.

Thanks

Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 AM
Dodgef15
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A/C problem

What is your model and Year?

i am also having problems with the A/C of my 1998 Dodge Carvan Sport 3.3L V6 and since the weather started to get hot we noticed that de A/C is not working properly. The problem is that when the i turn on the A/C from the Driver's side outlet comes out hot air[:@] while the pasenger side and the rest of the van comes out coold air[sm=hail.gif] and latetly have been very hot and i want to try to fix it or at least find out what is wrong. Can some one please give me some advice or help me figure out what is the problem.

Thanks,

Quick Reply: A/C problem