Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Help I'm stranded! A few ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:44 PM
cubfanbudman
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help I'm stranded! A few ?

Hello all, I just found this site while searching in desperation forinfo on my 99 grand (3.3 FFV) I am currently stuck in Clinton IA due to my transmission getting stuck in one gear and not letting me go above 40 @3000rpm's. I just got off the interstate and was driving along and slowed to a stop and it clunked and then it wouldn't shift, check engine was on too. I nursed it to a Jiffy lube and they told me it was probably toast. So I found a hotel and figured I'd wait until monday to take it to a dealer. After it cooled off it seemed to shift better but the CEL was still on. I pulled the battery overnight and this morning the CEL was off and it shifted fine. Now I don't know if I was in limp mode for some reason, maybe due to heat? How do you get the codes to come up on these? I did just replace the seal on the differential cover the night before, I don't think I bumped any thing. Any thoughts before I try to drive home, or should I stay put. I live two hours away. Thanks,Doug

Old 09-23-2006, 01:38 PM
96grandcaravan
Default RE: Help I'm stranded! A few ?

did you try the speed sensor, i had one that booted me when soon as it downshifted to 40 mph. and it didn't send any codes, my grand caravan as the 3.3 in it too, and drive it 200 miles a night. or maybe a lose ground wire in the transmission, just a idea

Old 09-24-2006, 03:59 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: Help I'm stranded! A few ?

If you want to check the codes you need to do it before you disconnect the battery. Cycle the key on to off (without starting it) three times and any codes should show up on that in the speedo area as a PO #### code. Good luck...

Quick Reply: Help I'm stranded! A few ?