Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

98 GRAND CARAVAN WIRING ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 12:50 PM
monroefamily
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 GRAND CARAVAN WIRING ISSUE

Hello everyone, I'm a newbie here with frustrating issues concerning a short (i guess) in my wiring somewhere. It all started a few weeks ago when I noticed my gas gauge, and all other gauges on my dash including lighting to my PRNDl were not working. After checking all my fuses with none bad (a friend helped) I was sitting there in the drivers seat, he dropped the hood and VIOLA! They all powered up!!!! Now this happens frequently even if I do not hit a bump but sometimes when it happens and I hit a bump they come back on........can anyone point me in the right direction to fix my prob???????????? Anyone ever experience this???

THANKS!!!!

Old 07-31-2006, 11:39 PM
Baveux
Default RE: 98 GRAND CARAVAN WIRING ISSUE

I've read a post where somebody had similar problem.

Apparently the battery terminal were corroded, and some of the corrosion leaked or migrate to one of the main wire bundle passing near or under the battery, eating the insulation and giving bad connection.

That is a place to start I guess, personnaly I would peel out some of the tape on the wiring located nearby the battery and see if the suggestion is applicable.

Also ,check all your ground wire carefully
Just my 2 cents.

Old 08-01-2006, 01:55 AM
greaseangel
Professional
Default RE: 98 GRAND CARAVAN WIRING ISSUE

I've had similar problems with my 97. All three wires coming off the nrgative terminal needed replacing. It's a pain in the tush to do, but it solved all of my problems. The hot wires were corroded too, but I couldn't tell it until I peeled back the wire covering. I had miles (seemingly) of pretty green wires.

Quick Reply: 98 GRAND CARAVAN WIRING ISSUE