Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Programming 2006 Gr. Caravan Locks

Old 01-26-2008, 01:22 PM
SoccerDad05641
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Programming 2006 Gr. Caravan Locks

Hi, a new Forum user here. I've searched the Forum but couldn't find the answer to my question.

I have an '06 Grand Caravan with keyless entry but without the optional "Driver Information Center". I absolutley love the van, but one thing that irritates me is that the doors do not automatically unlock when I put it in Park and turn off the ignition. Each passenger either had to wait for me to hit the unlock button or unlock the door themselves. The owner's manual isn't helpful; as I mentioned I don't have the DIC. I'm sure my dealer can probably help me with this, but is there a way to re-program the can through the keyfob?

Thanks,
Ken

Old 01-26-2008, 10:26 PM
ghlkal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Programming 2006 Gr. Caravan Locks

From my reading of a 2006 Chrysler T&C owner's manual, it looks like you're right - you can't enable "Auto Unlock on Exit" if you don't have the EVIC [reference page 20 of my manual]

You can turn off the auto lock feature without the EVIC.

So, we need an expert who knows if it's possible to hack this without the EVIC ...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Programming 2006 Gr. Caravan Locks