Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

93 help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 09:43 PM
iwantaturbo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 93 help!!!!

i got a dodge question that i was hoping you could help me with. i have 3 dodge caravans 2 93 one 95 they all do it but one 93 is so bad i can hardly drive it.

any way while driving with the ac on. if i start to go up hill or change speeds. the ac turns off and move to the floor or defrost. i would rather the car lose all power than it take the ac off me? is there any fix for this? i know every person that owns one complanes about it? there has to be any easy fix for this?

Old 08-08-2006, 03:47 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: 93 help!!!!

Disconnect the vacuum controller under the hood and dampers all go to a neutral position with a priority on defrost ;-) It's mainly a vacuum controlled system so just get used to it. On mine 91GC and a 94 GC as long as I didn't horse it up a hill and such it would stay on the setting it was on , it was only when reaLLy hard accelerating that it did what you describe.

Old 08-08-2006, 01:14 PM
iwantaturbo

here is wyoming every thing is up hill!!! and the little v6 does not like that!!! the big v6 in the 95 runs real good and does not do it much but the 93 never lets the van cool.

where is the vac line that i should play with?

Old 08-08-2006, 03:04 PM
chopper
Veteran

That hose comes off the back of the intake manifold.Look for cracks or tears and you might as well go get a length of replacement hose before you start.

Old 08-08-2006, 03:46 PM
iwantaturbo

thanks ill try that tonight.