Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Something to check for......

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:00 PM
PARTTIMER
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Something to check for......

My father has a 2003 Caravan Sport and I have a 2002 Caravan Sport. Over the weekend his overheated and the radiator was bone dry. Come to find out it was the coolant lines that run to the back of the van rusted right through. It's located under the vehicle right under the passenger side seat. There are two lines that run to the back of the van along side of the AC lines. Both his van and mine have a very clean under carriage except for those lines.

After fixing his with some rubber hoses I decided to check mine out. Yup, mine lines are rusted in the same spot and probably won't last long. So, with that being said you better check yours before a long trip ect. Better to change them now rather than along side the road!

I hope this helps.......

Old 08-15-2006, 03:06 PM
ASH
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Something to check for......

Wow, that's sure a problem with only a 3 year old vehicle.

Along those lines, you should always pull the radiator cap off and check the coolant level, as well as looking at the level in the overflow container. I had a truck that had a crack in the small rubber hose between the radiator and the overflow. This crack broke the vacuum in the line and prevented the coolant from being pulled back into the radiator when it cooled. This left me with a low coolant level in the radiator, even though the overflow container was full. Once I replaced the hose it resolved the issue, but I still like to take the cap off the radiator to make sure the coolant is up to the top of the neck.

Quick Reply: Something to check for......