Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Gr. Caravan SE - Cabin Air Filter

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Jack_Hinks
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Gr. Caravan SE - Cabin Air Filter

I bought a used 2005 Grand Caravan. Nice van. We love it. My wife claims that former owner occasionally smoked in the van (I can't tell but she can). A friend recommended that I change the cabin air filter. I picked one up at Advanced Auto. The enclosed instructions say to slide the retaining clip over, open the door and the filter should come right out. There is no access door or retaining clip in the location listed (or anywhere else). I have tried to get a Haynes and/or Chilton manual but none is available for the 05. I have spent considerable time trying to find a way to replace the filter. I have even resorted to having my sister, who is a manager at an Auto Zone, try to figure it out! (talk about ego damage...) Nothing has worked and now I am here. Anyone know how you change this bugger??? Thanks in advance!

Jack Hinks

Old 08-23-2006, 05:18 PM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: 2005 Gr. Caravan SE - Cabin Air Filter

That was an option and your's may not have it.

Old 08-27-2006, 10:54 PM
bluer101
Default RE: 2005 Gr. Caravan SE - Cabin Air Filter

If there is no slide hatch there, then your van does not have the option as mentioned before. The cabin filter comes in a speacial package when the van was bought. I think mine was in the power package.

Quick Reply: 2005 Gr. Caravan SE - Cabin Air Filter