Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

95 Caravan SE top speed

Old 08-30-2006, 02:42 AM
epic_soundz69
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Caravan SE top speed

I drive a 1995 Caravan SE 3.0 and I was just wondering what the top speed is on other peoples vans.

Old 08-30-2006, 02:55 AM
minivanin
Professional
Default RE: 95 Caravan SE top speed

well before i ported the heads on my 3.3, my 198K mile (at the time) with bald tires, bad axles, bad inner tie rod ends, completly worn suspension pulled 120mph out of its ***

BTW it was confirmed by my friends turbo jetta who couldn't believe it either, lol

that was in third gear BTW, i backed out after that, it was shaking too much, but who knows how much further it could go while in overdrive ( i doubt much more)

-greg

Old 08-30-2006, 02:58 AM
epic_soundz69

You seem like you know a lot about the caravan, so I gotta ask you, what are some things i could do to get more power out of my van. Things that are hopefully not too expensive.

Old 08-30-2006, 04:16 AM
minivanin
Professional

ok

first of all, make sure yours is in tip top shape, do a tune up, cap, rotor, wires (MSD prefferably), & NGK V-power or G-power plugs, don't get champions, people will swear by them, but i don't trust plugs that have failed several times in my experience, including one falling apart in a cylinder, NGK has never let me down, & i wouldn't waste money like i did on Bosch plugs, while your there doing the tune up, run a compression test to see if anything is going on in there

well most likely you have the 48mm TB (throttle body), go to a junkyard & find a caravan, or any other vehicle equipped with a 3.3/3.8 engine, grab the trottle body, its 52mm, everyone with a 3.0 does it, & it works, i always hear claims of more power & improved gas mileage, BTW clean it with some carb cleaner before you put it on, you'll get a nice little throttle tip in whistle, plus it helps a tiny bit too

now you should be able to swap it right on there, the sensors can be swapped it if makes you feel better, but is not neccesary

next thing would be an intake, what seems to work is get a K&N cone filter (or a ricer filter of your choice) & just simply clamp it on the end of the rubber tube that connects to the air box, its cheap, easy & cost effective

next would be to open up the exhaust, a good mandrel bent 2.25inch exhaust should be enough, if the shop can't offer mandrel bends, knock it up to 2.5 inch, go with a known muffler, a Flowmaster will outperform all, but a Magnaflow, or a Dynomax ultraflo muffler, will be enough, plus get a high flow cat too

after that, i would consider having the tranny rebuilt using Kevlar clutches, & all the updated parts for it, plus a shift kit, pin savers, & possibly a higher stall torque converter would really make a difference, if the shop laughs at your face, go to another one

after that, we'll, lets worry about the above stuff first

-greg

Old 08-30-2006, 10:09 PM
epic_soundz69

Thank You Dude! Youre the only one who has given me an answer clear enough to follow.
Its funny seeing the faces of the people with their "upgrades" when you floor them in a minivan.
They especially trip out when i tell them that all i have is a K&N drop-in replacement filter. He he, suckers.

Old 08-31-2006, 07:06 PM
minivanin
Professional

i love seeing those faces!!!

have fun, & if you got any questions, just send me a message, & you might wanna check out Allpar.com, we have a nice minivan section over there, & i'm a regular member over there

-greg

Old 08-31-2006, 10:10 PM
epic_soundz69

and a site too, awesome

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 95 Caravan SE top speed