Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

OK ppl here we go still

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:22 AM
thowell
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK ppl here we go still

U have replaced my TCm on my 92 caravan 3.3 and the tranny works fine as long as I do sit still for more than a few seconds if i am sitting longer and I put it in netural it will stay out of limp but if I leave it in gear and sit at a light it will go into limp

this is so retarted

and just so ppl know the key trick for the check engine light tells you nothing about th tranny

Old 09-09-2006, 05:08 AM
floorslayer1
Veteran
Default RE: OK ppl here we go still

Retarded is how it is spelled.... Key test will tell you certain things about the tranny. Trannycomputer shares some codes with the ECM such as speed sensors. No it does not give you the majority of diagnostics for the tranny from the TCM and looking back at your multiple posts, no one said it did.

Old 09-10-2006, 12:35 AM
thowell

Ok
My speeling has nothing to do with limp mode and I have looked over all the check engine light codes I got them from DC
and there is not one that has to do with the trans at all

So please let me know what ones or how I get the codes for the tranny that way You seem to know more more the DC does (which would not be all that hard since they seem to know nothing at all)

Please remember this is a 1992 and not odb2 compliant

Old 09-10-2006, 08:46 AM
chargin69
Rookie

Could be speed sensors. It will put your tranny in limp mode. I have 5 O1 and newer GC's and I have had this problem. Majority of the time it is a speed sensor. Only had 1 tranny computer go out. Good Luck!