Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2001 Caravan radio gremlins

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 04:50 PM
arnieve4vu
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Caravan radio gremlins

Hello group,

The radio in my 2001 Caravan is driving me nuts. The radio starts flashing off and on, almost like the power had a bad connection. It would settle down for a while and then start all over again. It would work fine but by turning the volume control or setting the clock it would start flashing again. Sometimes by turning off the key and restarting it would work again. Now the radio will start flashing and go dead. By pulling the IOD fuse the radio again would work but as long as you don't play with any of the controls. This started about a month ago and is just getting worse. I pulled the radio out and checked the connections, all seemed fine there. When I reconnected the radio it powered up with out pulling the IOD fuse. But again the next day I turned the volume control and it went into its gremlin mode! Also as its flashing you can hear a slight popping sound coming from the speakers. Now would this be a problem with the BCM? If so can I bypass the power for the radio to work off different power source with out going threw the BCM? Or should I wait for the planets to align, run around the van 3 times chanting and hope for the best?

Thanks Group for reading and hopefully a finding a solution.
Arnie[:@]

Old 09-10-2006, 03:29 AM
jeffery0266
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2001 Caravan radio gremlins

I never thought of a factory radio anything worth trying to fix or mess with if it starts acting stupid.Go out and grab a descent aftermarket radio and the wiring harness and you will propably be good to go.Sorry if I told ya summin ya didn't wanna hear.

Quick Reply: 2001 Caravan radio gremlins