Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Newb with multiple questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 03:13 AM
stevetford
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb with multiple questions

Hello guys, new member here with a few questions about my wife's 2000 Grand Caravan. First, the van has developed a intermittant problem with the interior dome lights. Sometimes they will work, sometimes they will not. I did a search on the forums here and the only similar concern I found was a faulty dimmer switch. My problem is in the fuse box located above the drivers left foot (not sure if Dode calls this the bcm or not) At first I thought the problem was with the connector facing the floor, if you wiggle the connector the lights would come on. I removed the connector and tore it apart inspected the pins in the connector and the fuse box. Everything there looked ok. I replaced the dome light relay with a known good realy and still had the same problem, so my guess is internal problem with that fuse/relay box. Is this maybe a common problem that is fixed with an updated part, or am I maybe overlooking something?
Second and final question, and this is also a new recent problem. After filling the van with gas, the interior smells like you have poured gas in the interior. The smell is so strong that you must drive with the windows down for a few miles or you feel like you are going to pass out. I have not looked into this problem yet, but thought I would ask because it may be a while before I get to look into it.
Anyways, sorry for the long thread from a new guy. Just thought I would ask some more educated owners of these vans before I went and possibly did some repairs that were not necessary. Thanks again guys.

Quick Reply: Newb with multiple questions