Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

1993 Dodge Caravan 3.0L water pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 12:16 AM
beforreal
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1993 Dodge Caravan 3.0L water pump replacement

I need to replace the water pump on my 1993 Dodge Caravan 3.0 and was told that I needed to take out the timing belt to get to it. Does anyone know the instructions or that have done this before to this van. I really dont' want to pay 500.00 to get it done if I might be able to do it myself. Any suggestions??

Old 09-25-2006, 01:54 AM
brandoncrone
Veteran
Default RE: 1993 Dodge Caravan 3.0L water pump replacement

Its not hard, yes the tbelt has to be removed. You might as well replace it at this point. I suggest getting a Haynes manual for step by step instructions. No secrets, very straightforward. You may want to replace the usual leaking cam and crankshaft seals as well.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:05 PM
wilcom
Amateur
Default RE: 1993 Dodge Caravan 3.0L water pump replacement

I'm in the middle of that job now........if Dodge will do it for $500 and you can afford it LET THEM DO IT!!!! what a miserable job. I'm broke and do not have the option right now, but never again. The manual (Clymer or Haynes) says you have to take off the AC pump, what it fails to mention is that you need to take the AC pump bracket off the block too!!!. It never said to take the power steering pump off , but the front plate on the motor is not coming off with the pump installed. i'm taking a break and trying to find out on line if I have to take the Alernator bracket off to get at the top bolt of the water pump. I can see it but ca't get to it . Figure on stripping ALL the componets and hardware off the front of the motor to get in there to do the pump. after I get this back together , you could walk up to me and offer me $750 to replace your pump and I would start laughing and walk away..................not a chance, misery starts at $1000 minimum LOL

Good luck, I'm off to the garage to see if I can outsmart that top bolt on the pump.....probably not

Joe

Old 10-04-2011, 12:53 AM
scorcoran_9678
Default WOW...F../ MITSU and Sonata

Just bought a timin belt kit for 1993 c-van,

Dump it!!! My box said Sonata? Confirmed, yet it still runs........

Originally Posted by beforreal
I need to replace the water pump on my 1993 Dodge Caravan 3.0 and was told that I needed to take out the timing belt to get to it. Does anyone know the instructions or that have done this before to this van. I really dont' want to pay 500.00 to get it done if I might be able to do it myself. Any suggestions??

Quick Reply: 1993 Dodge Caravan 3.0L water pump replacement