Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2000 Caravan Sport Fuel Pump/Oxygen Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 01:27 PM
packeroo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Caravan Sport Fuel Pump/Oxygen Sensor

Just some input needed on this and my previous post for help. Cheked around the net and the problem seems to be related to the fuel pump or the oxygen sensor. Can anyone tell me what they do? cause im obviously not a skilled mechanic.. Independent mech offered to help, is he my best choice or do i go to the authorized dealer/repair shop ? Also, if i get it started im figuring that i have like a 90% chance it will stall again. I appreciate any comments or help. What would you do if you where me (hoping that it doesnt happen to you)?

Old 10-06-2006, 01:17 AM
greaseangel
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 2000 Caravan Sport Fuel Pump/Oxygen Sensor

Were it me, and I wasn't sure what I was doing, I would take it to a local independent mechanic whom I felt I could trust. I would see what parts he thinks I need, then call around and compare prices, and buy low. Often, AutoZone will meet any other competitions prices. When I had to have my timing belt and water pump done, AZ was the cheapest on the pump, but another place had the belt for 30 less. AZ met the price so I didn't have to go all over town gathering parts. I'd probably not let the mechanic just purchase parts and charge me for them. A local mechanic will charge a lot less on labor too. But, there are upsides to using the dealership. Dealerships typically have better diagnostic equipment, and more experience dealing with your type of vehicle. Their mechanics are often specifically trained to work on their lines of cars. Good luck with this!

Quick Reply: 2000 Caravan Sport Fuel Pump/Oxygen Sensor