Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Water leaking, passenger footwell 97 GC

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006, 02:25 PM
leanne4716
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water leaking, passenger footwell 97 GC

97 Grand Caravan. 117,000 miles

I have A LOT of water leaking into the passenger side footwell, from behind the glove box. It only happens when it's raining hard. It sounds like there is a pool of water collecting somewhere down by the wheel. When I first start driving (after it's been raining) I can hear water sloshing around and then see a steady stream drip (or Pour) onto the floor of the car.

It is definitely water, no smell, and its clear.

I already had the windshield checked out to see if the seal was intact. (It is.)

Someone suggested something about a drain duct or an air duct being clogged. I know nothing about this.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Leanne

Old 12-17-2006, 03:27 AM
PeterNY
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Water leaking, passenger footwell 97 GC

Leanne,
The firewall drain hose is probably pluged up. If you open the hood and look at the firewall on the passengers side you should see a black hose running down. The hose is connected with a friction connector. Pull the hose off and you'll probably see all of the water drain out. Blow out the hose and reconnect it and your problem should go away.

Quick Reply: Water leaking, passenger footwell 97 GC