Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Front Dash Speaker Replacement

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2006, 01:22 AM
eddie0gre
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Dash Speaker Replacement

I'm brand new to this forum so I'm sorry if ya'll get this alot. How do you replace the front dash speakers in a 99 dodge caravan? While I'm at it, some instruction on the back speakers would also be nice.

thank you very much!!!!

-Matt V

Old 10-27-2006, 06:03 PM
webbee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Front Dash Speaker Replacement

To get to the fronts you will need to remove the side pillar covers and the dash top. See a manual for the instructions.
Front speakers are 5 1/4" 2 way speaks and the replacement problem is the depth of the cone/magnet on the rear of the speaker and the diameter. Go to Crutchfield and feed in your year/model/etc and they will give you a list of speakers which will fit in the dash. Some peeps have cut the metal framing the speaker to put other brands in. I don't recommend this but it's your van so...

Doors are 6 1/2" and you must remove the door skin. Probably need a manual to remove it properly.

As I recall I used a stiff putty knife to press down on the plastic clips/tabs which hold the rear grill in position, within the interior plastic covering. You should look at an exploded diagram in a manual or go to the junk yard and look at a busted one to get an idea how it fits. Rears are 6X9.

I would replace the speakers before I replaced the head unit, as you may find that you can use the factory radio. Factory speakers aren't very good but the head units work ok.

Welcome aboard!

Quick Reply: Front Dash Speaker Replacement