Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Sway Bar Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 12:49 PM
pherdog
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway Bar Bushings

I have a 2003 Dodge Caravan Sport and have read the sway bar bushings can be a problem with these vans. I have a "clunking" noise when I hit small bumps. If I hit a bigger bump, I don't get the clunking noise. Does this sound like the swar bar bushing problem? Is there a way to determine if the bushings are bad? Also, how difficult are they to replace? When I look at them, it just looks like a couple of nuts/bolts on each side to remove/replace them.

Old 11-08-2006, 05:02 PM
webbee
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sway Bar Bushings

Yes, they are a problem. I haven't used the new rubber from DC, so can't say if it is better. There are reports it is. I usually use NAPA, which may be Moog.
You should probably replace the links and the bushings that are under the u-channel, which holds the bar on the front, as these go bad also. Do it all at once and it will go for a while before it has to be done again. I like polyurethane but there doesn't seem to be much of that that is made to fit.
It's a fairly easy job, just takes a bit of time.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Bushings