Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

2005 Dodge Caravan rough ride and noises

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 06:23 PM
chelemybelle
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Dodge Caravan rough ride and noises

I have a 2005 Dodge Caravan STX w/ the Stow n go. I love my van most of the time. I have already put 60000 miles on it in just over 2 years. Lately, it's been making weird noises. Mostly when I'm turning at a low speed. It also does not have that "smooth ride" it use to have. My brother said the struts seemed fine. What could be the cause of these problems? Are they related?

Old 11-09-2006, 09:11 PM
webbee
Professional
Default RE: 2005 Dodge Caravan rough ride and noises

Usually a clicking/rumbling sound when turning is the CV joints. The fix is to replace the shaft with a new unit. The rebuilds work but not as long.
Another thing that it could be is sway bar bushings and/or end links. I would fix these first, as based on mileage, they are the more likely candidates. I would replace both links/bushings at the same time and save yourself a repeat visit to the shop.

Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
n8ech
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does the noise you speak of occur mostly when making a tight left turn? If it sounds like a groan or moan, there is a TSB to have the power steering cooler replaced.
We just had the wifes 2005 SXT at our local dealer for this issue as well as replacing an o2 sensor that was putting out too much voltage.
Mileage on our van is only 14 k though.

Good luck. Don

Old 05-09-2007, 06:32 PM
chelemybelle

Thanks! The noise was acctually my sway bar bushing (front). I had to replace both. YIKES! Much better now. Just in case anyone wants to know for further reference.

Quick Reply: 2005 Dodge Caravan rough ride and noises