Dodge Caravan The Dodge Caravan is the best selling mini van from Dodge. How many Dodge Caravan owners here at DodgeForum.com would agree? Discuss it now!

Front end noise also

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:42 PM
russellrider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front end noise also

Hey guys

Just joined the forum!! I have an 03 Caravan SXT that is also making some creaking noises at low speed as well as the sort of clicking when hitting bumps. Much like everyone else has been reporting.

My question is this though, is there a step by step DIY outline somewhere on this? I assume sway bar bushings are pretty cheap to buy and relatively easy to install. I would just like to have an idea before I buy the parts and attempt it.

I've looked at the DIY section and there doesn't seem to be anything in there (unless I'm blind which could be entirely possibe )

Thanks everyone.

Old 11-14-2006, 08:47 AM
BNtune
Rookie
Default RE: Front end noise also

My front end noise ended after replacing sway bar end links and bushing. Check upper strut bearing,turn wheel's side to side. Should be noise free and turn smooth.
The DIY is a Haynes manual though end links and sway bushing replacement are not hard.
Try doing a search. Your answer lies(lays) there[sm=interesting.gif]

Old 11-15-2006, 11:24 AM
russellrider
Default RE: Front end noise also

BNTune

Appreciate the reply. I’ve got my share of Haynes manuals and they are life savers. One of the things that frustrate me with them though is that they don’t really mention what to look for when parts go bad.

On these sway bar bushings and links, what am I looking for? If the van is just sitting there, not raised or anything, should the links have play in them? do I need to raise the van to see if there is play?

Thanks again!

Quick Reply: Front end noise also